95 Year-Old WWII Vet Voted for Bernie Sanders Today in Mississippi
Bernie’s Suit Trolls Media, Proves Point About Mindless Coverage
March 10, 2016

We Endorse Tim Canova for Congress Over Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Tim Canova Bernie Sanders Tyson Manker Veterans

Tim Canova Bernie Sanders Tyson Manker Veterans

Our Endorsement of Tim Canova

We are Veterans of the United States Armed Forces who served our country in times of both peace and war.  We have sacrificed greatly on behalf of our fellow citizens in order to preserve a free and democratic nation, one that serves the needs of all Americans. Now more than ever, we are in need of strong principled leadership.

That is why, as Veterans for Bernie Sanders, we are proud to endorse Tim Canova for Congress.

To be frank, Canova’s primary opponent, incumbent Debbie Wassermann Schultz, is an embarrassment to our Progressive Party.

She has shown herself to be an enemy of free elections:  during this election cycle Schultz has used every tactic possible to give Hillary Clinton an advantage over Bernie Sanders.

In Michigan, she threatened to remove an elected official for supporting Senator Sanders too enthusiastically.

That’s after Schultz uninvited Rep. Tulsi Gabbard from a Democratic debate for … calling for more debates.

Previously, she has used her office and position with the DNC for personal gain and reimbursements.

Recently, she joined the GOP to protect predatory PayDay lenders.

Schultz has sabotaged Democratic candidates before to help her personal friends.

She just reversed President Obama’s ban on lobbyist donations to the DNC.

Schultz accepts huge donations from the alcohol industry but is against medical marijuana. (Like Harry Anslinger, she even calls cannabis a “Gateway Drug“)

Currently, over 110,000 people have signed two separate petitions calling on her to resign from her position as DNC chair.

In short, Debbie Wasserman Schultz is an embarrassment to the Democratic Party, and Floridians who live in the 23rd Congressional District deserve far better.

That is why we Veterans and military members are proud to give our enthusiastic endorsement of Tim Canova.

Unlike his opponent Wasserman Schultz, Tim is a principled progressive that won’t sell out his constituents to make himself rich.  With a common sense approach, he opposes the drug war, and will fight to end the federal prohibition of marijuana.  He stands with consumers, and opposes the TPP.  In short, he’s everything that Wasserman Schultz isn’t, and we love him for it. Tim Canova will make an excellent representative of the People, and will always remain accountable to the citizens of his district.

Please consider DONATING to Tim’s campaign against Wasserman Schultz.

Tim Canova Daily Kos
Tim Canova WEBSITE
Tim Canova FACEBOOK

(**Internal poll was conducted among Vets for Bernie State Directors, Coordinators, and Advisors.  Members agreed unanimously to support Tim Canova.)

8 Comments

1. christopher johnson says:

I agree with Debbie W.S. As a moderate democrat, I believe should be give to the needy. Nonetheless, I see many progressives as beggars with no backbones. I have worked to damn hard and save my money to be giving it out to lazy people. I have no pleasure in giving my tax monies to people with many vices. I’m not a rabbit, so I did not have children I could not afford. I was never fired from a job in my life. I never did drugs or went to jail. I never purchased a home or car I could not afford. I paid may insurance premiums. People should be made to do the same. No excuses allowed!!!! many

• Judy Coleman says:

Thank you, Christopher. However, it’s the fact that politicians (federal & FL, GOP & Dems) have condoned & been complacent in vulture/hawkish financial predatory lending situations that leave people like ME (sick without health coverate, poor without a job/car/house, disabled without federal/state recognition of PTSD/schizophrenia) coping as well as we humanly can. I see your “I did all of this myself & everything went perfect give me my deserved gold star for doing everything a commercial for Phillip Morris told me America stands for in 1951” & I raise you “IT’S 2016 NOW & THE GOVERNMENT WENT & GOT EVERYONE ADDICTED TO HEROIN, METHADONE, PILLS, & HEROIN AGAIN”. Go & try to “make people” live as you see fit & tell me how well that goes. Ms. WS shall be voted out of office, just as we arranged for Eric Cantor.

• Ray C says:

Christopher, how diligent of you to be aware of those lazy progressives looking for a handout, but where have you been forver unaware of the government handouts to those hard working banks?
      Read this article at Huffpost.
      Big Banks Just Claimed A Constitutional Right To A Taxpayer Subsidy.
      Then tell us why you worry about handouts to the underprivileged and not the rich and powerfull.
      Those who live well feel no pain or suffering but must step forward for justice..
      Fear not the beggars but the masters.

2. Evangelina AGUILAR says:

Thank you for fighting the terrible corruption that has creeped into the Democratic party thanks to the most undemocratic people, such as Debbie WS and Hillary C, and Howard Dean, they have destroyed what little was left of the party. We millions support you and have seen what she and hill have done to not just the party but many candidates and to the people of this country. Goodness always prevails. It is clear and documented that DWS is helping hill, and that all the money from the DNC is going to hill’s campaign, that she is depriving you and SAnders of the databases, yet she used our names (Sanders’s supporters) somehow miraculously (because I was never a hillary or debbie’s supporter) to ask for money.. they even had my address and email and kept asking for money when I had responded previously telling them my contributions will go to SAnders and to you and other honest democrats.. it is known and documented that Debbie is using the money for hillary’s campaign, because she was promised a post should Hill steal the nomination. these corrupt people must be voted out of office. Canova 2016

3. Sasha says:

Christopher Johnson, you agree with DWS that she should be rigging the election in every way possible? Or that it is right that Superdelegates prevent the people from choosing a grass roots candidate? Your “personal responsibility” perspective is nice to say, but in practice it ignores the benefits of providing a level playing field to ALL people, whether or not their parents were responsible, with free higher education and protection for all people by diversifying health care risks through single payer (not to mention the freedom to not be attached to your job for health care so you can do what you love or start a business!). By providing basic keys to success for all, the whole society does better. Your position sounds a lot like the republican position from the 80s and 90s, which is why many people believe that the Democratic party has left them behind for a rightward shift.

4. Bill Mooney says:

Wish you best o f luck — went to N.D. A little before you,so have no concern about your interigity !
    Was pres. of international Pharmaceutical orig. If i can be of any help ?
    William j Mooney

5. Hello from another Vet for Bernie. I am also appalled at how this election has degenerated into a crazy Republican con artist versus an arrogant bribe-taking Democrat who thinks that it is her turn to be President. She is not so entitled.

I just donated $50 to Tim Canova even though I can ill afford to do so. I’m just another poor old disabled Vet living on a non-service connected V.A. disability pension. Still, I have to do what I can for my country. I invite all other Vets to also help Tim.

Have a good day now.

6. […] National Committee (DNC) in the upcoming August 30 Democratic Congressional primary was also endorsed by our organization, Veterans for […]